May I.....


One of the early Christian writers was
called Eusebius, and he died about the
year 340A.D. He wrote these words........


May I be no-one’s enemy,
and God’s friend.
May I never quarrel
with those nearest me
but, if I do,
may I be reconciled quickly.
May I never plot evil against others,
and if anyone plots evil against me
may I escape unharmed
and without the need
to hurt anyone else.
 May I love and seek and achieve
only what is good.
May I desire happiness for all,
and may I envy no-one.
May I never find pleasure
at the misfortune of someone
who has done wrong to me.
 May I gain no victory
that harms either me
or my opponent.
May I reconcile friends
who become angry with one another.
May I, insofar as I can,
give all necessary help
to those who are in need,
and never fail a friend in trouble.
 May I respect myself
and always keep in control of myself,
being gentle in attitude
and never letting circumstances
make me angry with others.
May I never discuss the wicked
or what they have done wrong,
but know good people
and follow in their footsteps.

Comments

Popular Posts