Words for various moments of the day

Thich Nhat Hanh is a

world-renowned

writer,

spiritual leader, scholar, poet,

peace activist

and Buddhist monk.

He was born on Oct 11 in 1926.

Waking Up
Waking up this morning, I smile.
Twenty-four brand new hours are before me.
I vow to live fully each moment
and to look at beings with the eye of compassion.


Washing Your Hands
Water flows over these hands.
May I use them skilfully
to preserve our precious planet.

Brushing Your Teeth
Brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth,
I vow to speak purely and lovingly.
When my mouth is fragrant with right speech,
a flower blooms in the garden of my heart.

Driving the Car
Before starting the car
I know where I am going.
The car and I are one.
If the car goes fast, I go fast.

Watering the Plants
Don't think that you are cut off, dear plant.
This water comes to you from the Earth and sky
You and I have been together
since beginningless time.

Comments

Popular Posts